Thursday, August 28, 2008

Oma's House

After the girls got up from their naps, we packed up the Suburban and headed to Oma's house. This was to be the first time that my grandmother would see Kevin Jr. I don't know, do you think she was happy?



Oma really enjoyed holding and talking to Kevin. She also enjoyed watching the girls play with all of her toys.





What was a little bit nostalgic, and revelatory as to my age, was the toys that the girls played with were the same toys that I used to play with as a child at Oma's.



I can't tell you how many times I played pinball on the little toy Kiera is holding in the above picture. It was something else to see my kids playing with this stuff.

After visiting and playing around, we packed everyone up and ate at Roland's Mexican Food in Robstown, TX. Dawna and I thought that our taste buds had gone to heaven. Yes, we have Mexican food restaurants around Cat Spring, but they aren't anything compared to San Antonio and South Texas. Rarely will you ever find a place that makes refried beans with real lard around here. Yes, I know the health risks are great eating that stuff, but IT TASTES SOOOO GOOOD!!!

We returned to Oma's house after eating and visited a while longer. Then we headed to Wal-Mart to replace a little girl's pair of shoes (see previous blog for explanation) so that we could go to the beach the following morning.

No comments: