Sunday, August 3, 2008

Kevin, Jr.'s Baptism

It's been a long while since I've updated this thing. Life flies by way too fast. I've got a lot to cover, so hopefully in the next couple of days, I'll have some regular entries. I'll start off with a very important day in our lives.


On July 20th, we had Kevin, Jr. baptized. Our good friends Dave and Angie Wendell and Darrell and Traci Owens were his God-parents. Unfortunately, Darrell and Traci couldn't make the day because of illness in the family, but a whole host of other folks turned out for the event.


































Special thanks goes out to Rev. Paul Krupicka who baptized Kevin. Paul is my mentor and advisor. As I told my congregation, if they are looking for someone to blame--blame him. (Strange enough, the church clapped for Paul. Go figure.)



We finished the day off with a great pot luck provided by the congregation. Man, they put on a spread. I, of course, had to contribute by smoking a brisket. Hate to brag (well, not really) but my brisket along with another member's pork loin stole the show. It was just awesome to have the church do this for us one more time.
















This place has been absolutely wonderful to my family and I. They have welcomed us tremendously and supported us in a way that I could not have ever expected. I hope the Good Lord sees fit to keep us here for a while.

No comments: