Monday, August 25, 2008

Internet's Finally Back

Last week on Tuesday night, our internet suddenly went out. We called our provider on Wednesday, and they told us the earliest they could have someone out was Monday. So....we went the entire weekend without internet access. Which, in all actuality wasn't a bad thing. We had an exciting weekend as we headed down to Odem to surprise my mom for her 60th birthday. So, I've got a lot to cover in the next couple of days.

With that being said, onto blogging!!!

Before we headed down to my parents, we were blessed with some rain. We desperately needed it. Ranchers around here were hurting badly as their hay fields weren't growing and winter is just around the corner. The rain we got will help hay tremendously, but we still need quite a bit to fill the ponds and stock tanks.

Kiera and Kaylee particularly enjoyed the fact that we had rain. After a couple of days of showers (and being penned up inside), they were ready to get out and play. Mom and Dad were only too happy to oblige (those of you who are parents will very much appreciate that last statement.).

The rain had left quite a few puddles in the streets of Cat Spring. I allowed the girls free reign to jump, splash and play around. This is one of the advantages of living in a small town--little traffic which makes splashing in puddles pretty safe and very fun.




During the fun, Kiera had a blow out. She had run her toes through her shoe before, but this time, the damage was permanant. Dawna and I knew that this meant a trip to Wal-Mart was in our future, but $5 shoes that last most of the summer are well worth it.



2 comments:

Laura said...

I loved seeing the girls splashing around in the puddles, but now my neck hurts ;)

The Hawg said...

Yeah, mine did too when I posted it. I rotated the video in my other software, but apparently it didn't translate. If you know how to make sure that happens when you blog it, please share.