Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Old Grey Mare...

I always wondered how my hair would turn out.

My mom's dad had jet black hair well into his seventies.
My dad's dad went grey and bald much sooner.
My dad went grey in his late 30's and early 40's. (I am quite sure that my sister was responsible for most of that.)

I wondered which side of the family I would take after. Would my hair begin turning grey early? Would I stay dark headed well into my later years?

Well, I received the answer to these questions the other day when I got my hair cut. The barber took a pretty good chunck out of the side of my head, and the results of that swipe of the clippers fell right down in my lap. As I looked at the clump of hair, I realized that I would be very distinguished at an early age. Yes, the Haug hair trait has landed upon me.

Well, at least getting carded any place will be less and less of an issue.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I wasn't old enough to get into trouble when Dad started to turn grey. I think that the grey hair is starting to affect your memory.