Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Homeward Bound

Hooray!

Everything went very well at Dawna's doctor's appointment today. Doctor Gelderneck said that Dawna's incision looked very good, and cleared her to both drive and travel. This was happy news for Dawna since she has been chomping at the bit to drive our new GMC Yukon XL. Her dream car has always been a suburban, but she thought she'd never see one in our drive way. That was before we had three children.

She happily placed herself behind the driver's seat and drove back to Nona and Grumpy's. When we pulled into the drive, she said, "You did good, hon."

I replied, "So, you don't want me to take it back?"

"NO WAY!" she said.

Looks like I have to keep the thing for a while.

Kevin, Jr. had his blood drawn for his PKU test today as well. He was a trooper throughout the ordeal. He screamed his bloody head off while they were squeezing his foot, but he managed.

This evening and tomorrow while Nona bowls, we will be packing up. Hopefully, we'll have an easier time getting things put into our vehicles. It's amazing the amount of stuff you can actually get from one house to another for a four week stay! If all goes well, the next time I post, it will be from the (relative) peace and comfort of my own home.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I'm a bit jealous. I wasn't allowed to drive for a month after my c-section, IIRC. Seriously, I'm glad you're doing good. We'll try to get by there before you leave. If not, Road TRIP!