Thursday, April 24, 2008

Home at Last

There's no place like home.

Anyone else remember that line? It is true.

We arrived home yesterday at about 3:30 in the afternoon. Everyone is trying to adjust to one another at the moment. The girls were EXTREMELY tired. They slept for about 20 minutes in the car until guess who started crying and was hungry? Yes, baby brother is already getting to his sisters. Unfortunately, it was mommy and daddy who had to deal with all the behavior issues.

Today has started much better. I am going to take my six weeks of paternity leave from the congregation. Well, it will be a modified paternity leave. I'll be preaching and conducting worship on Sundays, however, I will not be keeping office hours, neither will I be doing much visitation. I have to commit to being daddy for a while as we get everyone in some kind of rythm-at least that's the hope-probably a far-fetched one, but it is a hope.

Kevin continues to do well. He's got the nursing thing down, and he is sleeping well at night. He continues to go about every four hours at night between feedings which is nice for us. He looks to be gaining weight, however we'll know for sure when we go to the doctor's office next week. His jaundice is almost gone, but we can still see evidence of biliruben in his excrement. (I know that's a big word, but my mother would get upset at me if I used the common language.)

He has started staying awake more during the day. In fact, he has had several instances where he stays awake almost 2 1/2 hours between feedings. It's a neat thing to watch.

My gardens are growing. I planted just before leaving for San Antonio, and I made the remark, "This one is completely up to God. I won't be around for a couple of weeks to help Him." Sure enough, God did the job He always does. I've got some great looking green beans, squash, and corn. Well, at least the squash looked pretty good until Lucky started running through the garden. Totmato cages should solve that problem. I hope.

No comments: