Friday, October 24, 2008

Supergirls!!!

Ah, a trip down memory lane. Today, Kiera came up to me with one of her brother's baby blankets. She put it around her neck and said, "I'm Supergirl. Help me tie this." I said, "Wait a minute." I went into our laundry room and came back with a clothes pen. Soon, Kiera had a cape draped around her neck held by a clothes pin--just like her dad did many years ago. Not to be outdone, Kaylee came up a few moments later with her brothers baby QUILT and wanted it around her neck. Knowing it was a little too heavy, I searched for a dish towel. I discovered quickly that they don't make dish towels as big as they did when I was a kid, so it was off to the closet for another blanket. Soon, Kaylee joined her sister in obtaining the rank of Supergirl!



God, how often did I do this as a kid and "fly"? Countless, and now my daughters (and probably later, my son) are doing the same thing. Priceless. Here's Kiera's "flight."



Not to be outdone, here's Kaylee's. Notice that Kaylee is still young in her training as Supergirl. She still has to flap her "wings."



Grandma and Grandpa are here for a visit right now. Since Nanaw died, Kiera has been pretty clingy. She hadn't seen Grandma and Grandpa since the funeral, and she's been concerned and wanting to see them very badly. She even wanted to phone them several times to see if they were o.k. Usually the first thing Kiera said after hi was, "Will you come see me at my house?"

Grandma and Grandpa couldn't resist their granddaughter, so they came up. We enjoyed an absolutely perfect afternoon, and look forward to the time together tomorrow as well.

No comments: