Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Sunday

It was a good Easter in the Haug household. It was busy, but good.

The day started off way too early since I had to get up and lead a 7:00 a.m. worship service at the church. I'm famous for saying that when I have to do this, I'm getting up earlier than God. Sacriligious, I know, but it usually gets a laugh out of the congregation.

The kiddoes arrived at church at 8 for a yummy Easter breakfast that the men of the church put on. The congregation is great with all of the kids. They provided so many Easter eggs that the church playground looked unbelievably colorful. Kiera and Kaylee had baskets full of eggs.








I managed to actually get the two to stand still for an Easter picture.


After church, we packed up the car and headed to San Antonio. Most of Dawna's folks were meeting at her Granny's house, and Dawna really wanted to be there this Easter. Usually, the pregnant lady gets what she wants. This time she did. Granny's had quite a few ups and downs recently, and this might be one of the last chances we get to spend this time with her. When the opportunity presented itself, we took it.

The trip to San Antonio also had another purpose. We have officially moved Dawna to San Antonio to be closer to the doctor for when Kevin, Jr. decides he's had enough time indoors and decides to head out into the world. I'll be running back and forth from Cat Spring to San Antonio at various times during the weeks ahead. I already told Dawna when she gets the "nesting" response to call me because, I'm coming in regardless of where I am at or what's going on.

For those interested, check back at this blog for details of how things are going in the process.

1 comment:

TLO said...

Looks great! You never know when you are open for a 3am feeding you might have a spark and need to write it down.